We love to welcome all New patients!
- We realize that your visit to a new dentist and practice, can be an uncertain one. For that very reason please take some time to find out about us, both the dentists and the lovely staff who will be there to greet you on arrival and make your experience as comfortable as possible. We focus on not just the treatment but Remarkable Care too. (You can scroll down for Staff pictures below)
- How to best Find us: The practice is located on the corner of Grose Vale and Bells Line of Road, opposite the ALDI shopping complex. There is parking available on site, behind the surgery, including an accessible parking site.
- How to prepare for the First appointment: At the initial appointment, we recommend you arrive 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time. If the appointment has been made a few days ahead we would have sent you out a Welcome Pack. We would be greatly obliged if you can bring out a completed Health History, we enclose in that. Having this information, will allow us to reduce the time in entering data and more on getting to know you.
- Staff to expect at the Reception: You will be greeted by Pam or Caroline at the front desk.
- How to Pay: We accept the main methods of payment- (Cash, cheque, Credit card including Amex).
- We use Health Fund direct claiming facility to allow your rebate to be processed for your convenience.
- Are there any Financing Options: For major treatment, we have patient financing available through MacCredit.
- Why do you need a NEW patient exam: The purpose of the new patient exam is to find out about what your desired outcome is regarding your dental health. This can be chewing better, looking better or being pain free. We then carry out an exam to let you know what the state of play is. Following on from this we give you options to help address your main concerns.
Unfortunately emergencies rarely occur at 9 am on a Monday, usually they occur at an inopportune time or location that may be hard to get to a dentist.However for those times where you do an emergency, we here at Riverlands Dental will do our best to accommodate you in a timely manner to address your dental emergency. We have worked hard to allow flexibility in our schedule to see when you are in pain, inconvenienced by a broken tooth or have an issue with bleeding gums.
We give priorities
- Facial swelling as they can progress rapidly and turn into nasty facial space infection which may require hospitalisation. They can also be very painful and to add to fever and restricted jaw opening makes this very critical to examine.
- Dental Trauma- Fractured teeth from a traumatic injury requires timely attention and we make sure give priority to make sure you are seen to straight away. Time is of the essence in these situations. This includes loss of tooth, or tooth avulsion, where studies indicate that you have anywhere for 15 minutes to 30 minutes to replant the tooth into the socket.
- Children- no one wants to see their little one in pain, especially when their capacity to perceive and react to pain is compounded by a their small size. Hence, please call us and we can very quickly assess the situation on the phone and direct you further.
- Pain disturbing sleep. This is probably the most common emergency visit we get called up to treat. Quite rightly it leads to the patient being very uncomfortable. Our goal is to get rid of the pain and when you are feeling better then get you in to discuss the overall solution to the problem, when you are in a better frame of mind to take in what we have to tell you.
The other emergencies are best described as urgencies, and there impact while not life threading can still be uncomfortable (sharp tooth after broken filling) or embarrassing (broken front tooth). Our goal in this situation is a bit like the NRMA: We get you going, but then get you back in for definitive treatment. Of course, if there is such time available, then we will carry out the treatment as necessary. However, so we can give an individualised treatment plan, often the best solution is to address the main cause.
We will do our best to see you during our opening hours, if the problem is occurring after hours, we advise to contact Hawkesbury Hospital if it is an emergency fitting into to the swelling, trauma or children category. You can always email us and that does get checked periodically during the off hours.
We also publish our appointments on Health Engine, online booking system. This will indicate what appointment we have available as one over the next couple of days.
Otherwise you can call us on 4571 2230 to make an appointment.