As discussed on the All-On-4 page the technique is all about placing a minimum of 4 implants and then placing a fixed bridge on those 4 implants.
- The starting point for all techniques is still the same: Place implants and then use titanium cylinders to attach temporary prosthesis. This allows healing to take place and bone to grow into the implants but allow function to take place. Note though during this process a soft diet is what is necessary.
- After 3 months as the bone has grown into the titanium implants, replace the titanium cylinders with a titanium or cobalt-chrome bar to which an interim prosthesis made of plastic/acrylic is attached. This is the point at which most clinics will stop and then give the patient the option to upgrade to a definitive prosthesis. Most however will only offer this option and most patient will settle for this. The purported advantage is lower cost to the patient. The downside is that the plastic can wear out and be prone to chipping over time. The most quoted lifespan is 7 years.
- The cost of this upgraded prosthesis can be substantially higher. The upgraded prosthesis is made again from a titanium bar, to which either individual porcelain crowns or zirconia are bonded onto. It is called a Procera Implant Bride (PIB). The significant advantage is that titanium bar is very accurately made to fit the shape of the jaw and is from a similar material as the implants which are present.
- At Riverlands Dental we have strived to achieve an affordable but still very durable medium between the two ends of the All-On-4 bridges offered. Hence we have teamed up with our long term laboratory partner Grant Davis to offer the Davis bridge to out patient.
- The Davis Bridge has the following features: It has a Procera Implant Bar, which comes with a 10 year material guarantee. On top of the Implant Bar there is a Zirconia bridge bonded on. The Prettau Zirconia is exceptionally strong and offers natural aesthetics. It is TGA approved for long term use in the mouth. We offer this as a standard prosthesis on our All-On-Bridges. We price this so that there is no major difference in cost between our All-On-4 bridges and the interim All-On-4 bridges offered by other dental clinics. As a result we would like to believe that this offers our patients significant value when they undertake this major step.